, ,

Pizza Pilgrims


Alex has been working in Soho this summer. Lucky for me! Soho is always buzzing with new openings and is home to some of my favourite eateries in the city, so it's been a huge treat to spend lots of time there with Al. 

After returning from Turkey, Al and I convened for a quick lunch at Pizza Pilgrims on Dean Street, handily the same road that A currently works on. At the time, the weather was much better than it's been these past few days, so we opted to sit on a table in the sun and watch the world go by, in true flâneur style. 


]
We ordered two starters and a main to share. The antipasti were A+: we were happy to burn the tips of our fingers when snatching up freshly baked flatbreads rich with garlic, salty parmesan and rosemary, while a marinated artichoke heart swathed in prosciutto and sprinkled with parmesan was a joy to eat.  




Next we dug into a calzone ripieno, stuffed with salami, ricotta and mushrooms, topped with fior di latte. 


\
For me this was a little too much to finish off, and a tad too doughy for my liking. I'm gonna stay loyal to my local favourite, Sacro Cuore! Probably my fault for not choosing a standard non-calzone pizza though, as I was jealously gazing at my neighbours' lunches, which looked deliziosi



After lunch we grabbed a quick coffee at A's favourite Soho haunt Foxcroft & Ginger. Caffeine is what A subsists on, after all. That and cake. The perfect way to get him buzzed for that night's show!

Follow me on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Wordpress for more adventuresome fun!

Post a Comment