Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015


365 days have passed since I stood in the crowds on the Embankment, craning my neck to get a good view of the fireworks exploding over the Thames, heralding the beginning of a new year. 

And looking back, as one must at the end of the year, those 365 days have been a stressful, terrifying, wonderful rollercoaster. 

I've revelled in the highs. I made thousands of pounds of profit for my university opera society. I graduated from Cambridge. I discovered vlogs about how to accentuate my eyebrows (for better or for worse). I read 87 books. I dined at a host of incredible restaurants: Hutong, (being halfway up the Shard, it was quite literally the highest point of the year!) The Hand and Flowers, The Delaunay, and finally Galvin La Chapelle last week, to name just a few. And lastly, I started this blog, and opened a door into a community of likeminded writers, photographers and foodies who welcomed me without hesitation, and who are some of the loveliest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

That said, I've been reflecting on the lows today, too. I won't dwell on them here because nothing too catastrophic happened in 2014; all I'll say is there were a few unwittingly missed turns that have left me feeling anxious and out of sorts. Though I could equally blame those feelings on the post-Christmas lull!

I'm determined to stay positive, and am confident that 2015 will be all about righting myself and getting back on course. I'll be back next year with lots of content that I didn't get round to posting this month. As for tonight - I'm going to spend my evening thinking about my resolutions for 2015. I'd love to know your resolutions if you've made any - I'm craving some inspiration! 

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve, whatever your plans, and wish you all a very Happy New Year! Let's make 2015 the best year yet.

More adventures on Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram!

Post a Comment